Is it possible to look good even when you have hardly any time for your makeup? Here are a few beauty hacks every busy woman should know. These will come in handy on all those days you decide to hit the snooze button too many times.
For the hair:
- Headband to your rescue:
When you have no time to style your hair, tie up your hair in a messy bun and wear a headband to give it a charming finish.
- Braid it:
You could always use dry shampoo or even baby powder to control the frizz in your hair to some extent. If nothing else works, a quick side-swept braid is all you need.
- Clean bangs for an instant solution:
If you have no time to wash your hair, wash your bangs. Washed and perfectly set bangs can instantly make your hair fresh and pretty.
For the makeup routine:
- Exfoliate your lips while you brush:
Use a toothbrush, with some lip balm on it, to exfoliate your lips soon after you wake up. This makes your lips instantly smooth and makes your lip makeup routine simpler. Later, dab some lip balm or a lipstick and you are good to go.
- Curl your lashes and line them all at once:
Apply a thin line, with your pencil eyeliner, on your eyelash curler. This way, as you curl your lashes, you can line them too, simultaneously. Skipping your liquid eyeliner can save you a lot of time.
- Give up your mascara if you can:
Mascara and eyeliner are the 2 main culprits responsible for most makeup fails. Skip the mascara if you can. Instead, curl your lashes to open up your eyes and make them look bright. Smear a little amount of Vaseline on your mascara brush and apply it on your curled lashes to give them an instant shine.
- Practice a quick daily routine:
Depending on which products you can’t go without, device a quick daily routine and master it by following it even on your days off. Here is a sample daily makeup routine, you could follow when you have no time for your primer and bronzer and the others:
- Evenly apply your foundation
- If you have blemishes and dark circles to cover up, use a concealer and blend it well
- Complete your look with a compact
- Curl your lashes
- Apply kohl or eyeliner on your lower eyelids
- Finish up with some lip balm followed by a lipstick
General care for your skin and hair:
- Follow the cleanse, tone and moisturize routine regularly
- Sleep masks or overnight creams are your best friends. You can wake up with a fresh skin that is easy to work with
- Keep a kohl, a lip balm, and a compact in your bag always for those days you are going to do your makeup on the move
- Stay hydrated for a healthy skin
- A satin pillow cover can reduce the chances of waking up with frizzy unmanageable hair
- Select your outfits for the entire week during your weekend to save some time there.